Monday, June 22, 2009

Auntie Tales

I had a WONDERFUL weekend with Mum & Pioneer Sister's kids, collectively called The Einsteiners. We were driving to Mum's friend's housewarming party and Little Sister was playing with the clippy-clopping noisy horse in the backseat. Mum said, "What should we name the horse?" And eldest brother says, "How about annoying?" Hahahaha

View at the party:

GLORIOUS.

Funny way to spell "cool." Nope. It's spozed to say "GOAL" --as in soccer.

They had face-painting & an art tent for the kids. Nephew #2 (a.k.a. Dimples) soon was covered: arms, legs, and finally his whole face. I said to his older brother:
I'll bet you that when he's 21, he'll have tattoos and a motorcycle.
Older Brother: What are we betting?
Me: Lessee. You'll be 25 by then. How about a 6-pack of your favourite beverage?
Him: And if you win?
Me: Well, you get off easy because my favourite beverage is water.

Now for those of you who may raise a brow about my making bets of questionable beverage choices with my nephews--one word: polarity. Or in psycho-babble terms: oppositional. Both Dimples & Little Sister exhibit a bit of that pattern. Any direction, suggestion, whatever is met with an automatic "no." Come to think of it, it's a pattern throughout my family. Anyway, eventually in the next 10 years, Eldest will tell Dimples about our bet. And what will his response be but to prove me wrong? Thereby keeping his body tattoo-free. Just helping out my sister.

Speaking of bets, Eldest taught me & Dimples how to play poker. I got the change from my purse and divvied it up. Dimples took us to the cleaners. Pioneer Sister said, "Great. You're teaching my kids to gamble?" No, really it was Eldest teaching me.

As Pioneer Sister & I were having a cup of tea before heading out, Niece comes up to me and says,"Auntie Hal. Can I use your vibrator?" "Sweetie, it's called a percussor." Hahahaha Ah, kids.

No comments: