Monday, November 29, 2010

M&M Monday

This week has been almost back to normal. Maggie still has her lateral head tilt (not as bad) & can be a bit wobbley, but she's walking 'n' woofing like her old self.  :-)  I called Dr. Lee about my laser which wasn't working, and he sent me a new one! So I've been lasering her cerebellum, ears, etc. She's doing MUCH better! I think she needs another adjustment, so if I can get out this week with her, I'll get her to Dr. King. Here she is with Millie, trotting down the driveway.


I'm still hand feeding her, tho. I'm not sure if she still needs me to do it, or if she just likes being hand-fed. I mix their food up with water and salmon oil, so that it gets soft. Maggie prefers less water, but Millie likes her food soupy. Don't ask me how I know that. I don't know how I know. I just know. You know? Because Millie likes it more liquidy, and because they eat in the LR, and because she pulls her bowl with her teeth and could spill the soupy contents, I propped her bowl up:

My sneaker to the rescue!

All done!
So I have this cat hanging around, prolly because I fed it. *sigh* Yeah, I know; I have sucker tatooed on my forehead. Anyway, s/he sits on the back porch taunting the girls:


It's hard when I'm trying to bring the wood in, keep the dogs IN, and the cat OUT! S'he's v. friendly, but a nuisance; weaving infinity eight's around my legs as I'm trying to walk! On the other hand, she encourages the girls to exercise. I actually had to run after Maggie as she was going after the cat. Obviously they've been socialized to cats. And this cat--after hissing and spitting and a coupla half-hearted paw-swats, is all purry with them.

Door-stopping paws. Hard to get out--but even worse if I'm out on the porch!
So I need to do something with the cat before it gets really cold. M&M will miss their entertainment, but oh well!

No comments: