Friday, October 19, 2007

Healing Art

My sister Ruth, besides having the healing hands of a Reiki Master/Chiropractor, is also a stained-glass artist. She uses found objects in her work and creates one-of-a-kind pieces. She's v. intuitive in her work and connects to the person's spirit she's designing for so that each piece reflects healing and support. We both have the same creative process in our artwork, only I'm working with paints. She adds prayers, healing energy & happy intentions to her pieces the way I do when I'm painting.

She made this for me a couple years ago and when she gave it to me, she said, "I don't know why there's no purple in it, but this was the piece you needed." I had it hanging in my office at the bay, but here in my river house, surrounded by green everywhere, it is the perfect thing to hang in my picture window. Green is the colour associated with the heart center, and with healing...so it's v. appropriate. Thanks, sweetie. WUV you. :-) Hal

No comments: