Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Last post from the Land of Dial-up!!!

Brian & Brian from Wildblue are here installing my satellite internet. Hurray for the 21st century! Except, they've just informed me they left a widget in their other van. So they were going to go back and get it and come back today...but as Brian #1 pointed out, that's like...17 hours away. Up & down my road twice in the same day??? I don't think so. They're coming back tomorrow. I have promised them truffles on their return, and I just forced my tap water on them. It's the BEST, Jerry!

AND I'm getting TV tomorrow so I won't be pestering XM Radio Guy for a report on The Office & My Name Is Earl & Curb Your Enthusiasm. How lame is that? Here's my quote for the day:


Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.

3 comments:

Marmite Breath said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

Ooooh, getting rid of dial up is a huge step. I can't remember how I lived without broadband.

So you're half Brit and half American??

Margot Potter said...

Dial up STINKS! YAY!

Enjoy super speed, I'll never go back unless they force me too. Then I'll just be grumpy all of the time!

xoxo
Margot

Hali Chambers said...

YES! YAY, me! SO HAPPY to be out of Dial-up! Thanks for CELEBRATING with me, gals! :-) H.

P.S. Nat~ Yes, half-Brit: Mum's from Nottingham. Grew up on marmite. Dad was American. My 2 bros & my chiro-sister Ruth have duel citizenship. I was busy that day. Ah well....