Sunday, January 27, 2008

Day of Rest


Growing up, Sunday was church day and Mum always said it was the Day of Rest. So we got to kick back and read and play. Except since it was also her Day of Rest, each of us sibs took turns cooking the Sunday family meal. As the first born, I got the first Sunday, my sister got the second, my brother got the third and so on. My brother made lasagna ONCE and then we just heard about it for the next decade. haha Anyway, Sunday is still my favourite day and today is extra-special because it's Mozart's Birthday. And mine.

Thanks everyone for your emails. They've been a mix of sorry-your-dog-died-and-happy-birthday. Miss Ruthie emailed me and said, "There was someone who once said, 'Until you love an animal your soul is not whole.' " So true. Pictured above are Barkley's puppies--SO SWEET!

And I'll leave you with last year's b-day message from XM Radio Guy:

Hope you have a wonderful day. I received this message from spirit and thought I would share it with you-

My Dearest Most Joyous One-

You are an idiot. I can't tell you how many times I have to cover your ass. Why can't you just live your life-buy some cars-eat out-take in a good movie? Why do you have to bother me so much? We created all of this so you could have some fun but you keep trying to peek behind the curtain-stop that. Enoy the illusion or I'll have a tree fall on you. So go play. None of this matters. Stop bothering me. You are in the physical realm for a purpose-to get out of my hair and do something on your own. So go do it. Love is all there is blah blah blah peace out.


I hope this message is just what you needed on this special day. Have a Happy Birthday.


2 comments:

Margot Potter said...

Hali

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YAY!

I'm so sorry about your loss. Truly. Dogs are pure beings and with them we experience unconditional love.

Be in peace,
Margot

Hali Chambers said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH, Sweetie!!! That phrase I wrote about putting the "UN" in "unconditional" came to me when I was reading your post on Jakers. My other dog and I are eating Ignatia like candy (homeopathic remedy for grief). And I'm a bit more integrated and balanced now...circle-of-life & whatnot. :-) LOVE, H.