Friday, July 3, 2009

HAPPY 4th on the 3rd



Today is Mum's annual 4th of July picnic/concert. Every year it's held on the 3rd. I LOVE fireworks. Maybe it's a characteristic of being a visual person, but I have an excitement and wonder that is brand new, every time I watch them. I forget until I remember just how much I remember liking them. One of my favourite memories is with my nephew, who was 5 at the time. "WOOOOAH! AWESOME!!! This is better than Christmas!!!" SO. CUTE. I thought, "Another one of us. He gets it." So we'll go and spread out the blanket, and Mum will complain about the gnats, and we'll complain about the concert taking too long and how they should start the fireworks as soon as it turns dark instead of waiting until 10 p.m. And then! THEN! It doesn't matter because the fireworks start and it really IS better than Christmas. :-)

No comments: