Wednesday, July 8, 2009

DELICIOUS


It's just the beginning of berry-picking season. These are red raspberries. Some people call them wineberries. To paraphrase Shakespeare, a berry by any name is still a berry. The leaves can be used to make a mild-tasting tea & help to relieve muscle cramps (yes, especially monthly ones). They also are a uterine tonic and help to prevent miscarriages.

I often liken my job with John Morgan Seminars to berry picking. There's a season. There's the bumper crop and then the slim pickin's toward the end of the season, but timing is everything. So I'm back to booking our fall season, a bit shorter than the new year. A few of my radio guys are on vacation. I got a "yes" from one at the beach. How nice that he can be at the beach and take care of things from there. I did something similar when I went to the beach last year with Brother D & extended fam. I would get up with the sunrise, have a couple hours on the beach and then work all a.m. & a bit of the afternoon. Someone said, "It's a shame you have to work." I said, "Are you kidding? I'M AT THE BEACH!" How many jobs do you know of where you have the freedom to work from anywhere as long as you have cell service & internet?

Back to the berries: they are v. juicy and sweet. Much like I'm feeling about life at this moment. It's nice when you have those moments of sweetness. :-)

No comments: