Wednesday, December 26, 2007

blip blip blip

I got a random text from some number I didn't recognize. What r u doing? I'm bored.
I ignored it. Wrong number, I thought. But a few days later, I got another boring message. I was driving and ignored it. I did call later, but there was no answer. And anyway, who complains of being bored? Children: right before their mother gives then something to be bored about, like housework. My brother suggested it was someone with "thick thumbs" who got my number wrong.

And THEN:

Sup faget.

Thick Thumbs strikes again. Hehhhh...I'm not a fan of the texting. It's tedious and it necessitates abbreviations I loathe. Like R U bored? NO! Only boring people complain of being bored! But I digress...

So I texted back blip blip blip tapping out: Who R U?

Thick Thumbs: Whats your name?
Me: You should know, you texted me first.
Thick Thumbs: Kyle gave me your name dumby.

Really? This is how you introduce yourself to someone you don't know, you silly boy? If I didn't hate the blip blip blipping of texting--oh! The tongue lashing he'd get about manners and the general moral decay of society. Not to mention his poor spelling.

I texted back, I don't know any Kyle.

So far, Thick Thumbs has not responded back. Apparently I have cured his boredom.

No comments: