Tuesday, December 18, 2007

First Morning Thought

You know when you wake up in that first-morning winter coziness? Before the need to brush your teeth overides the desire to stay wrapped up in the duvet cacoon? I awoke with the thought of my cells. Doesn't everyone have these Bruce Lipton-ish thoughts first thing?

Our bodies are made up of trillions of cells that make up a community, and we are the leaders. And I was wondering if I was being a "benevolent dictator" as Bruce says, or if I needed to change something for the health of my cells. Drink more water, was the message. Really? You need more water? Wow. I consider myself the Water Queen--especially since I've been living here with the Most-Delicious-Tap-Water-Ever. I could bottle this stuff--it's so deliciously nothing-tasting, with a hallucination of sweetness. Mmmm...but back to my cells. More water, perhaps less tea.

Here's the formula Dr. Brett taught me:

Divide your body weight in half, convert to ounces.

That's how much water you should drink. WATER, not tea or anything else. Just water. There's an awesome book called Your Body's Many Cries for Water, which essentially boils down to this: there are a lot of illnesses related to dehydration. So drink more water. Dr. Lee says to drink 2 ounces of neutral pH water every hour (that you're awake) for 2 days to get your body back in balance.

I would write more, but I need to go hydrate.

No comments: