Monday, December 10, 2007

Goddess-Sister-Friend


I can't remember which one of us came up with the term "GSF." But it fits. Today is my friend Kristina's birthday. She is writer, artist, priestess. One foot on Mother Earth, and the other firmly planted in the realm of Spirit. We say to each other: Tell me stories about your childhood. Because we both had unconventional ones that make us WEIRD ( Wonderful, Energetic, Intuitive, Radiant, De-Lightful). And we both have that mystical tie to Catholic saints & icons, tho neither of us grew up in that church.

She taught me the basics of tea leaf readings and that everything is a reading. One Halloween, she was on XM Radio Guy's show, back when he was KMZ Radio Guy. She was going to read his tea cup, but he said he didn't have tea, only Tang. So she read his tang cup.

One time a friend had given me some "chakra" bath salts. Imagine sitting in a pool of red water. OK, so I let the bath drain and it left patterns in the bathtub. I called Kristina and spoke to her husband with a message that I needed her to read my bathtub. When she called back, she said, "You need me to clean your bathroom? What?"

What's that red stain in the bathtub? said my husband. Don't clean it! I need a reading first! So there we are in my bathroom, Kristina all dressed up, sitting in my tub, scrutinizing each shape and line. It was v. profound at the time....

A few months ago, I was with XM Radio Guy at an Indian restaurant and he handed me his chai cup to read. I looked at it and it just looked like a foreign language. I need Kristina to read this, this is beyond my scope of expertise. So there I am explaining to the owner of the restaurant why I must take the tea cup with me.

I meet Kristina in the parking lot on a break from her work. She looks at it and says, "WOW. Oh my...." I know!!! I say. What does it mean? And she gives the 3-minute parking-lot-tea-cup reading. After the reading, I call XM Radio Guy. Well. It turns out his GF also reads tea cups. So now she wants to see it. So there we are, back at the Indian restaurant, explaining to the owner that the tea cup is getting a second opinion.

We go months without seeing each other and stay connected in cyberspace and beyond. And always when we get together, it is the perfect time and place. Happy, happy birthday, sweetie! I'll meet you at the pyramids. :-) LOVE, H.

No comments: