Thursday, April 3, 2008

Brimhall Report

I was able to attend my first Brimhall seminar 4 years ago because I was married to a chiropractor and working in his office. I had signed us up and he ended up not going. "I'm still going, " I said. I was in the middle of debilitating migraines--something that traditional chiropractic should have been able to address. But it wasn't. Have you ever been in so much pain that you wanted to drive your car into a tree? I didn't want to hurt the tree.

Eventually I traveled to Mesa, AZ just outside Phoenix, to the Brimhall Clinic. Dr. Brett Brimhall, Dr. John's son, said, "I've got good news and bad news. The bad news is that you have all 6 interferences to your health. The good news is that I can help." That was the beginning of my road back to health and wellness. [side note here: I would be remiss if I didn't also mention that my husband learned acupuncture in order to get certified in cold-laser therapy, and that REALLY helped with the hormonal migraines].


So, back to Brimhall: that is why I'm all blah blah blah Brimhall. There aren't many locals at the clinic. Mostly people come from out of town (or the country) with serious illnesses. I traveled to the clinic 3 different times for treatment and then I met Dr. Steve Thaxton, who practices outside Charleston, WV. It's still a 5-hour drive, but closer than AZ. So it was sort of funny to listen to a doc from Pittsburgh complain that there was only one certified Brimhall doc in the state and that he didn't have anyone close to go to for his own treatment. I suggested Dr. Thaxton and he then complained that it was a 3-hour drive and it was too far. Really? 3 hours is spit compared to flying to Arizona. OK, then. Don't get treated, Dr. Complainer. No skin off my apple.

"You guys are so jaded. Yeah, yeah. Another miracle."
This is what Dr. John said on the last day of the 3-day seminar. I watched the day before as one of the docs had his father, in the early stages of dementia, get treated by Dr. Lynch, one of Dr. Brimhall's certified docs. He held out his phone to his father and said, "Dad, is this a phone or a pencil?" His father replied, "Yes." He couldn't follow directions. Dr. Lynch went through the laser protocol to reset the cranial nerves. It was like watching this man come back to life. He became alert and could then follow directions.


Most chiropractors have miracle stories. Many become doctors because they had a personal experience that changed their lives. They were in a wheelchair and couldn't walk until they got chiropractic treatment. Going through massage school gave me an even greater appreciation for structural medicine--and structure is just one piece of the puzzle! There's so much more. This method addresses health issues not typically associated with chiropractic: allergies, seizures, diabetes, weight-loss, phobias, MS, endocrine issues, digestive disorders, learning disabilities...the list goes on. It's pretty amazing stuff and I am reminded every time I attend a seminar.


Often it takes only one treatment for something to clear up. A few years ago, Dr. Lo had a sudden onset of vertigo. He'd had all sorts of tests, and the doctors said there was nothing they could do. He went to a seminar and Dr. John worked on him. How many times did I treat you before your vertigo went away? Dr. John asked him this weekend. One, Dr. Lo replied.
Dr. John with Dr. Jesse Liebman & staff from NJ

Dr. Katz can rock the didgeridoo!

Dr. Katz told an amazing story about a patient who came to him after being completely paralyzed after receiving a vaccination. She was a nurse and was required to get a flu shot. She was strapped into a wheelchair, on a respirator and feeding tube. She couldn't even hold up her head. The doctors told her there was nothing they could do. She is off the respirator, can move, and is now using a walker.

I am v. grateful to Nadine Carrick for allowing me to be part of the Nutriwest family. It was great working along side her and Erin, and spending time with Dr. Melissa, Dr. Bruce, & Janell. I was fortunate to get some TMJ work from Dr. Luke Lovick, and then the next day Dr. John treated me with the percussor. My favourite-- THANK YOU!!! All is right with the world when my head is on straight! It was great to see old friends, and to meet new ones, too. :-) H.

No comments: