Wednesday, April 16, 2008

HAPPY B-DAY JOHN

Among those whom I like, I can find no common denominator. Among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. ~W. H. Auden

Birthdays are a big deal in the House of Morgan. Make a wish he says when the clock displays the numbers of someone's birthday. At 4:16 on any day, we make a wish for John as he celebrates a new year.

Do you have time for a story? he'll say. At times funny or profound, I always say YES. His intellect and dry humour are infused in his blog, a daily dose of inspiration--especially today! In the 25 years of conducting seminars around the country to a quarter of a million people, he has charmed people with his wit and wisdom, while helping people to stop smoking, lose weight, improve their golf game, get a good night's sleep, and feel good about yourself, in general. AND AND AND he is a compassionate, supportive listener. As I'm blathering on, he'll say, Listen to your horsesh*t. Sometimes the compassionate thing is a kick in the pants!

I cannot begin to describe what his presence in my life has meant. His kindness and generosity of spirit have defined a friendship that overwhelms me with a sense of gratitude and deep appreciation. For the laughter and the lessons and the gift of Presence: THANK YOU, JOHN.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, make a wish!!! :-) H.

No comments: