Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mole, Vole, What?

I found suspicious nestiness of a tissue box in my car. I thought it was a mouse. So I got the humane live traps and set 2 with yummy cheese to entice Mickey and/or Minnie. Well. I did manage to catch one...but it was much bigger than a mouse, with pointier, bigger ears and a pointy nose. It looked like a baby rat. OMG!!! It was raining so I took it over to the wood shed and let it out. Then I started feeling sorry for it. Except that I already had to have repairs on my car a few months ago because something chewed through a wire connected to my transmission. The glories of living in the country. So I don't feel THAT sorry. Except I sort of do. Anyway, I was describing it to Mum and she said, "It's a vole." A mole? "No, a VVVV-ole!" Oh. What's a vole? It's like a smaller version of a rat and they live underground. Except when they live in my car. So I'm not as worried about a whole rat family, and today's trap was empty.

*sigh*

Really? This is what I'm blogging about? Perhaps it's time to take a break...or to pull the Blogging-Without-Obligation card....

No comments: