Saturday, April 12, 2008

A Merrie Heart


A merrie heart maketh glad the day, and there you find your treasure.

I have this on my business cards and on the header of my blog. The story of this comes from an experience with my GSF Kristina a few years ago. She was recovering from bronchitis and asked if I could come over to Reiki her before she had to leave for work. We had about 10 minutes. I started with a tuning fork on an acupuncture point (Lung 1). Then I stood behind her and put a hand on her back and the other on her chest. She was v. tired and congested and her breathing was labored.

What can you do in 10 minutes? 10 minutes of Clock Time is a blip and an eternity all at once when you’re working in the realm of Spirit and healing. It is that place of Presence and Stillness. There is no past or future, but only NOW. We were in her living room completely embraced by God’s healing Light. She breathed a deep sigh. With my hand on her heart, I heard the phrase, “A merrie heart maketh glad the day.” I think there’s a similar quote from the Bible. Anyway, then it was time for her to go to work, feeling much better. We were both completely merrie!

A merrie heart repeated as I was driving down the road. You know those moments of quiet joy and peace? This was one of them. Later, as I was writing my first Healing Labyrinth Path newsletter, and there you’ll find your treasure completed the phrase. It’s kind of like a clue from Spirit. Imagine if everyone had a merrie heart, perhaps the world would be a bit different. Having a merrie heart is allowing God to smile through you. It’s not the concept of human happiness, because that’s so fleeting. It’s also about finding your treasure, your gift from God that you share with the world. What makes you SMILE now? Do that.

This is the smile in my heart: making people feel good. Helping them to relax and take a pause from the stresses of daily life. Whether I’m doing it hypnotically on a CD or in person with a massage, this is the work I was born to do.

No comments: