Thursday, September 17, 2009

Deva Premal

I was at Brother Atlasta's house watching Battlestar Galactica with him & SIL. We used to watch the cheesy version in the 70's; the new one is much more high tech. As the program started, Atlasta said something like, "That music is so . . . it's not even real words!"

And then. THEN! I started singing along. It was one of those moments of serendipity and surprise. He looked at me like I had 2 heads. "How do you know this? I thought you said you never saw the show."

"It's Sanskrit," I replied. [It's so easy when you speak the language.] "It's the Gayatri Mantra. I learned it from my friends at The Shirdi Sai Baba Temple." Now I have to say, it's so rare that I know something that Mensa Boy doesn't, that it's hard not to be a big sister & GLOAT. Hahahaha

So this is all a preamble to say that tonight, I'm going with my friend Susan, to see Deva Premal; one of my favourite singers. When Susan & I were in Sedona a few years ago, we had the against-all-odds opportunity to see her in concert. I'm ready for another night of Light, Love, & Spirit! NAMASTE, :-) H.

No comments: