Friday, September 4, 2009

In Love

That got your attention! ;-) I've been sifting thru Petfinder & I found this:


2 labweiler gals, much like Barkley & Remi. Look at that face. Ah, Mickey Mouse. I know Mum is looking at the photo and thinking, "Look at that hair." I never resented vacuuming everyday with B & R. It was just part of the daily ritual and I thought about how much I loved them. And here's another confession: Since they died, I've never washed the windows where their noseprints are. Really? I'm sentimental over dog snot?! Apparently I am.

I emailed Miss Ruthie for her advice. She was with me when I picked out Barkley at 3 weeks old, And she held Remi just hours after Barkley had her puppies. She is my expert on all creatures great & small, including children. She said that M & M remind her of Barkley & Remi & to go visit them. So I'm waiting to call . . . and in the meantime, I've got many busys on my Bevy List.

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~Anatole France

No comments: