Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Results


The bottom line is that only results count. How you arrive at them does not. ~Mark Burnett

My book reading for the beach was Mark Burnett's Jump In. Mark Burnett, creator of Survivor, The Apprentice, the other Martha Stewart Apprentice, (which I LOVED!), etc. Anyway, it was the perfect book to be reading as I've been scheduling the fall John Morgan Seminars season. One thing I learned early on from John was that it doesn't matter how many hours I work, or everything I have to do. What matters is did I get the market and ultimately, did we have a successful event? Whether it takes me 2 hours or 20 is irrelevant.

The other thing I've learned is that No doesn't really mean No. It means no for now. Later could be a yes. If I'd known more about the radio business before I started, I would have had lower expectations for myself. I didn't know that what I do is considered impossible by some people. It's only impossible because they don't do it. It doesn't stop me from doing what I do. Mark's premise is Jump in, even if you don't know how to swim. Which is what I sort of did. Or rather, I had a friendly push from John Morgan. Go on in! The water's fine! ;-) He told me I could, and I believed him. A final quote from Mark:

Be an optimist and a dreamer. Expect greatness from yourself, and the best kind of unexpected surprises will find their way into your life.

No comments: