Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Gluten Free Goodness

I told Mum to hold it out like fishermen do when
they have their picture taken with a fish. Look
at those HUGE loaves!

I used to have tea and toast every morning for breakfast. I would eat half a loaf in a sitting, that's how much I loved it. And then I had to go gluten free, and that killed the whole bread thing. It's been over 2 years since I had real bread. During that time I have eaten sawdust, gritty cardboard, or chewy mush. All these things claimed to be GF "bread." Even the ones that are edible, just aren't like real bread. I put up with it because it's GF & it's better than nothing. Except when it's not. So then I just don't eat sandwiches & other normal bready things.

Composer Brother gave me a subscription to Living Without, an awesome magazine for people with food allergies. This weekend, Mum gave a try with one of the bread recipes. I had a REAL sandwich! The texture, the taste--it's like real bread. Here's the recipe to Champion Sandwich Bread. Thanks to Diane Kittle for bringing back toast & sandwiches, and thanks to Mum for GF baking! :-)

No comments: